The inspections and testing required by the rules or international regulations, are to be carried out by companies with experienced and competent professionals approved by LHR.
The statutory service suppliers can be:
- Firms engaged in servicing inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats, marine evacuation systems
- Firms engaged in inspections and testing of radio communication equipment
- Firms engaged in inspections and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Firms engaged in annual performance testing of Voyage Data Recorders (VDR) and simplified Voyage Data Recorders (S-VDR)
- Firms engaged in sound pressure level measurements of public address and general alarm systems on board ships
- Firms engaged in inspections of low location lighting systems using photo luminescent materials and evacuation guidance systems used as an alternative to low-location lighting systems
- Firms engaged in the servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, launching appliances, onload release gear and davit-launched liferaft automatic release hooks.
- Firms engaged in inspection, performance testing and maintenance of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
Classification and/or Statutory services:
LHR has established and maintains procedures for the approval of external service suppliers. The results of such inspections assist our surveyors with decisions that need to be made regarding classification and statutory certifications.
The service suppliers can be:
- Firms engaged in thickness measurements on ships except
(1) non-ESP ships less than 500 gross tonnage and
(2) all fishing vessels.
- Firms carrying out in-water survey of ships and mobile offshore units
- Firms engaged in inspections and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and systems
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of closing appliances such as hatches, doors etc. with ultrasonic equipment
- Firms engaged in measurements of noise level on board ships
- Firms engaged in examination of Ro-Ro ship’s bow, stern, side and inner doors
- Firms engaged in testing of coating systems in accordance with IMO Resolution MSC.215 (82), as amended, and IACS UI SC223 and/or MSC.288 (87), as amended.
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of primary and secondary barriers of gas carriers with membrane cargo containment systems for vessels in service